The vast majority of states in the U.S. have adopted fire codes that require the use of fire retardants applicable to artificial plant material installed in or around commercial properties.
For nearly 40 years, Plantworks has been a leading proponent and supplier of interior, commercial-grade, fire retardant botanicals including:
– Flame retardant artificial foliage;
– Flame retardant artificial florals;
– Flame retardant artificial plants;
– Flame retardant artificial green walls;
– Flame retardant artificial topiaries;
– Flame retardant artificial hedges.
Inherently Fire Retardant (IFR) components are safer and more effective than topically treated fire retarding. IFR material is “inherently” blended into the fabric, urethane or plastic during the manufacturing process.
Plantworks’ IFR products have been tested and comply with California Title 19, National Fire Protection Association (“NFPA”) 701 and American Society for Testing Materials (“ASTM”) E-84 protocols. The ASTM E-84 results qualify these products as NFPA “Class A” and International Building Code (“IBC”) “Class A” fire retardant materials.